Re: [PERFORM] unusual performance for vac following 8.2upgrade

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [PERFORM] unusual performance for vac following 8.2upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

> Temp relations still make pg_class entried don't they? Is that on the
> TODO list to change?

Yeah, and pg_attribute entries as well, which may be more problematic
because they are a lot.  Did we get rid of pg_attribute entries for
system attributes already?

Can we actually get rid of pg_class entries for temp tables.  Maybe
creating a "temp pg_class" which would be local to each session?  Heck,
it doesn't even have to be an actual table -- it just needs to be
somewhere from where we can load entries into the relcache.