Re: Integrating Replication into Core

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Integrating Replication into Core
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Wasn't there supposed to be some discussion among replication authors to
> try to come up with at least some common hooks?
>
> If everybody invents their own grammar, GUC vars, etc. etc. it will be
> impossible to handle down the track. We'd be faced with a choice of
> never having any replication in core, or picking one and leaving the
> others out in the cold. This is supposed to be a *community*.

I don't have the expectation that Mammoth Replicator will ever be
open-sourced (this is my personal opinion; the company owner may
differ).  And even if it were, I doubt it would serve as a basis for
whatever community effort to build a replication engine.  I don't think
it's in anybody's best interest to base design decisions on Mammoth
Replicator "experience".  The projects that are already open source are
in a much better standing for that (GORDA, Postgres-R, Slony, etc).