Re: On status data and summaries

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: On status data and summaries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 06:26:50PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Funny, sounds like what I usually do.  I welcome the assistance.
>
> Well, yes, that was my impression too.  The complaint in the thread
> that started all this, as I understood it, was that there were big,
> hairy features that tended to have long discussions about them, and
> very few people among even the committers seemed to have a clear idea
> of exactly where things stood at the end of coding.

Yep.  I think Tom and I have a clear picture, but we aren't make it
visible enough, I guess.  One idea I had was to either create a web page
or add to the top of the TODO items that are currently being worked on.

> But I take Jim Nasby's point, that the request for monitoring isn't
> going to come.  How about an alternative: _you_ delegate
> threads/features/whatever to me to watch?  Would that help?  (I don't
> care how we do it, so long as it would be helpful and so long as it's
> wanted.)

I do think we need a structure for this to be valuable.  We can perhaps
use a wiki to track open development items, with some status, like I did
for the open items list for 8.2.  I usually only do that during feature
freeze, but could expand it and open it up for others to edit.