Re: how to check the creation date of a postgres database?

От Jessica Richard
Тема Re: how to check the creation date of a postgres database?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks, but I still can't get the database creation date....

% cat PG_VERSION
8.1

16% ls -lt PG*
-rw-------    1 postgres users          4 Jun 22 10:34 PG_VERSION

This date was the date that the Postgres server was upgraded to 8.1 and the timestamp of this file is same under each of all database directories....

"Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh@firstam.com> wrote:

I don't believe it's stored in the database. The closer you can get is to check the date/timestamp of PG_VERSION file or possibly any file that may have an earlier date/timestamp, under your database base subdirectory ($PGDATA/base/your_database_oid/). For instance, for a database with OID of 34332 :

ls -lt  $PGDATA/base/34332/PG*

-rw-------  1 postgres postgres 4 Aug 24 10:41 PG_VERSION

(Note that the PG_VERSION file in your $PGDATA data directory signifies when the Postgres cluster was created, not a specific database)

--
  Husam