Re: Recommendation of a slogan for (Postgres 8.2)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Recommendation of a slogan for (Postgres 8.2)
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> Bruce, it looks like your email client is the one
> truncating the subject lines?

It's not the only one, and as I said, I doubt it's the mail client.  I
suggest Bruce looks at his "sent-mail" folder and check whether the mail
he actually sent has a truncated subject or not.  My guess is it doesn't.

Just today, both Michelle (I forget her last name) and Martijn van
Oosterhout (sorry if misspelled) posted with truncated subjects.  I'm
not sure why Michelle's first post wasn't truncated -- a guess is that
the truncate only happens to replies, not to the first email of a
thread.  May this have something to do with the processing of the
[pgsql-foo] thing?

Oh, and I think I just noticed an unrelated bugs.  It's not uncommon on
the pgsql-es-ayuda list to have the [pgsql-es-ayuda] stuff prepended
over and over again, like

Subject: [pgsql-es-ayuda] Re: [pgsql-es-ayuda] Re: [pgsql-es-ayuda] the real subject here

(which makes the whole business of truncating subjects a lot more
annoying obviously)

My guess is that with funny subjects (i.e. those that get MIME-escaped),
it (the prefix) gets mangled to the point that Majordomo doesn't
recognize it, so it prepends it again leading to that dumb behavior.

Сообщение: Re: Recommendation of a slogan for (Postgres 8.2)
Сообщение: Re: Recommendation of a slogan for (Postgres