Re: High CPU Load

От Evgeny Gridasov
Тема Re: High CPU Load
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jérôme,

How many concurrent connections do you have?

Because You've got only 2GB of ram this is important! Postgres process
takes some bytes in memory =) .. I don't exactly how many,
but thinking if it is about 2Mb you'll get about 1Gb of ram used only by
postgres' processes (for 512 connections)!
Don't forget about your 512Mb shared memory setting,
postgres shared libraries and the OS filesystem cache...

I hope your postgres binaries are not statically linked?

Try using connection pooling in your software, or add some RAM, it's cheap.
And I think that work_mem of 65536 is too high for your system...

--
Evgeny Gridasov
Software Engineer