Re: transactoin id wraparound problem

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: transactoin id wraparound problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 06:53:28AM -0700, Sriram Dandapani wrote:
> Do you mean that I login as say root and issue a vacuumdb (or do I login
> as a postgres user with special privileges)

Probably you want

 vacuumdb -U postgres -a

The -a tells it to do all databases, and the -U postgres tells it to
connect as the postgresql superuser.  If your superuser is something
other than postgres (sometimes it is -- pgsql for instance -- but
rarely), you should use that username instead.  This is the
_database_ user name, not the UNIX username (which is what root would
be).  You'll need the (postgresql) password for the account in
question to do this.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland

Сообщение: Re: transactoin id wraparound problem
Сообщение: Re: transactoin id wraparound problem