Re: Optimizing a huge_table/tiny_table join

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Optimizing a huge_table/tiny_table join
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 12:31:04PM -0400, kynn@panix.com wrote:
> Well, they're not my statistics; they're explain's.  You mean there's

Explain doesn't get them from nowhere.  How often is the table being
ANALYSEd?

> More bewildering still (and infuriating as hell--because it means that
> all of my work for yesterday has been wasted) is that I can no longer
> reproduce the best query plan I posted earlier, even though the tables
> have not changed at all.  (Hence I can't post the explain analyze for

I find that very hard to believe.  Didn't change _at all_?  Are you
sure no VACUUMs or anything are happening automatically?

> Anyway, I take it that there is no way to bypass the optimizer and
> instruct PostgreSQL exactly how one wants the search performed?

No, there isn't.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
        --Philip Greenspun

Сообщение: Re: lowering priority automatically at connection
Сообщение: Re: lowering priority automatically at connection