Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We already recommend file system snapshots as a backup method in our
documentation.

Spiegelberg, Greg wrote:
> You should implement filesystem or volume level snapshots.  LVM, Veritas and the like all have the functionality and
itgets the database out of "backup" mode quickly.

> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/snapshots_backup.html
>
> Before the lvcreate -s command issue the pg_start_backup() and after pg_stop_backup().  Then do what you will with
thesnapshot volume.  Just in case a fsck may be necessary I'd recommend mounting read-only.

> Caveat emptor, I believe certain filesystems take issue with this, like xfs, however we have not seen anything
unusualwith ext3.  Also note that you must have some space unallocated in the proper LVM disk group for the snapshot
volume.

  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us

От: FM
Сообщение: advice on PGSQL cluster (active/passive)
От: "Bruno G. Albuquerque"
Сообщение: Large scale PostgreSQL deployment.