Re: Migration study, step 1: bulk write performance

От Steinar H. Gunderson
Тема Re: Migration study, step 1: bulk write performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 06:01:58AM -0600, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> Are you sure? Metadate changes are probably a lot more common on the WAL
> partition. In any case, I don't see why there should be a difference.
> The real issue is: is related filesystem metadata sync'd as part of a
> file being fsync'd?

I've been told on this list that PostgreSQL actually takes care to fill a new
WAL file with zeroes etc. when initializing it; dig a few months back and I'm
sure it's there.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/

Сообщение: Re: Migration study, step 1: bulk write performance
Сообщение: Re: Migration study, step 1: bulk write performance