Re: getting failed while creating user accounts

От Javier Carlos
Тема Re: getting failed while creating user accounts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
   Hi,

   In some *nix distributions the username 'postgres' is already in
/etc/passwd. If so, you don't need to create it again. Just assure that the
directory where the database cluster will reside belongs to the user
'postgres', and also when you'll go to create the DB cluster (with the command
'initdb') you have to do it as that non-root user (postgres).

   You can check this PostgreSQL installation manual, maybe it can help you:

http://nediam.com.mx/en/docs/postgresql_manual/index.php

   If you're trying to install PostgreSQL on Windows, just check that the
username doesn't exist in your computer neither in the DOMAIN/WORKGROUP where
you computer belongs.

  Regards,

  Javier

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:12:38 +0000 (GMT), venu gopal wrote

--
nediam.com.mx