Migration

От James Dey
Тема Migration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Everyone,

I’m a newbie to the list, and look forward to helping out where I can if possible.

I have an issue which I’ve not been able to get around. I have a Postgresql 7.4 server with a number of databases:

    Name    |  Owner   | Encoding

------------+----------+----------

 xxx45      | postgres | UNICODE

 xxx30      | postgres | UNICODE

 xxx30_copy | postgres | UNICODE

 yyy30      | postgres | UNICODE

 xxxxxxx  | postgres | UNICODE

 xxxx     | postgres | UNICODE

I have installed PostgreSQL 8.1 onto a new box, and when trying to create a new database, even when specifiying –encoding=UNICODE I cannot create UNICODE dbs, it makes them all UTF-8.

Then when I try and restore a DB dump, but keep on getting
invalid “UTF-8 byte sequence detected near byte xxx” and although the restore continues, a lot of data is missing.

Does anyone have any suggestions here, I would really appreciate it!

Regards,

James Dey

tel           +27 11 704-1945

cell          +27 82 785-5102

fax           +27 11 388-8907

mail        james@mygus.com

myGUS / SLT retains all its intellectual property rights in any information contained in e-mail messages (or any attachments thereto) which relates to the official business of myGUS / SLT or of any of its associates. Such information may be legally privileged, is to be treated as confidential and myGUS / SLT will take legal steps against any unauthorised use. myGUS / SLT does not take any responsibility for, or endorses any information which does not relate to its official business, including personal mail and/or opinions by senders who may or may not be employed by myGUS / SLT. In the event that you receive a message not intended for you, we request that you notify the sender immediately, do not read, disclose or use the content in any way whatsoever and destroy/delete the message immediately. While myGUS / SLT will take reasonable precautions, it cannot ensure that this e-mail will be free of errors, viruses, interception or interference therewith. myGUS / SLT does not, therefore, issue any guarantees or warranties in this regard and cannot be held liable for any loss or damages incurred by the recipient which have been caused by any of the above-mentioned factors.