a error about PostgreSQL7.3.4's Log setting

От acemeicn
Тема a error about PostgreSQL7.3.4's Log setting
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi everyone,
My name is Ken working in Tokyo,Japan. Please forgive my
poor English.

We have been using PostgreSQL7.3.4 on a Map GIS engine
since last year.To tune the system, I need to get the log
from PostgreSQL7.3.4 and analyze it.

Here comes the problem. When a long SQL is excuted. I got
the error as follow

error:SQL Execute error  0 = Too much data was received.

when I removed the log setting from my postgresql.conf
file the sql was excuted without any problem and ended
normally. I appand my postgresql.conf and start shell as
follow.

postgresql.conf
#
# Message display
#
server_min_messages = log
# Values, in order of decreasing detail:
# debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2, debug1,
# info, notice, warning, error, log, fatal,
# panic
client_min_messages = log
# Values, in order of decreasing detail:
# debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2, debug1,
# log, info, notice, warning, error
silent_mode = false

log_connections = false
log_pid = true