Re: How to optimize Postgres Database

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: How to optimize Postgres Database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 09:45:52AM +0530, Hemant Pandey wrote:

>             I am running an application, which connects to the postgres
> database at initialization time and perform the database operations like
> Select/Update.
> Database queries are very simple.
> On analyzing my application through Quantifier( Performance analyzing
> tool), I found the most of the time my application is waiting on recv,
> waiting for Database response.
> When i run Vacuum on perticular tables, i observed that performance
> improoves drastically.

Looks like you aren't doing the appropiate regular maintenance tasks.
Please have a look at the manual,

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/maintenance.html

For further performance tuning, have a look at

http://www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"There is evil in the world. There are dark, awful things. Occasionally, we get