Re: Sending a select to multiple servers.

От Ligesh
Тема Re: Sending a select to multiple servers.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 11:04:59AM -0500, Frank Wiles wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:54:09 +0530
> Ligesh <gxlists@gmail.com> wrote:

>   Mostly because every situation is different, you may have
>   10 servers and need 10 rows of results, others may need something
>   entirely different.

 No. I have say 'm' number of servers, and I need 'n' rows. To get the results, you need to run the query against all
the'm' servers, which will return 'm x n' results, then you have to re-sort it and drop the 'm x n - n' rows and return
onlythe 'n'. So this is like retrieving the 'n' rows amongst ALL the servers, that satisfy your search criteria.

 Once you retrieve the data, you will know which server each row belongs to, and you can do the writes yourself at the
higherlevel.

 Thanks.

--
:: Ligesh :: http://ligesh.com