DB restore fails W2k.

От Dan
Тема DB restore fails W2k.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

We have upgraded our PostgreSQL database version from 7.3.1 (Cygwin) under Windows 2000 server to v8.03 for windows.

Now we dumped our database (app. size 6 GB) with PgAdmin III with success. The problem now is that we can’t completely restore our database with the dump file. The restore utility just stops when reaching a certain point in the dump file.

Please help us, we can’t afford loosing our database with several years of work.

Thanks in advance.

/Dan

Here is some info on the dump file:

; Archive created at Wed Aug 17 21:09:56 2005

;     dbname: a_db

;     TOC Entries: 43

;     Compression: -1

;     Dump Version: 1.10-0

;     Format: CUSTOM

;     Integer: 4 bytes

;     Offset: 4 bytes

;     Dumped from database version: 7.3.1

;     Dumped by pg_dump version: 8.0.0

Error displayed when restoring.

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\pgAdmin III\pg_restore.exe -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -d a_db -a -t pictures -v "D:\a_db.backup"

pg_restore: connecting to database for restore

pg_restore: restoring data for table " pictures"

pg_restore: [custom archiver] error during file seek: Invalid argument

pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

Process returned exit code 1.