LIKE search with ending % not optimized in v8

От Aditya Damle
Тема LIKE search with ending % not optimized in v8
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello. I believe in earlier versions, a query of the
form
select attrib from ttt where attrib like 'foo%' would
be able to take advantage of an index. I have seen
this in the past. Currently I am using v8.0.3. From
what I can see is that the execultion plan seems to
use a seq scan and to totally ignore the index. Is
this the case?

-Aditya

Сообщение: Re: How can I speed up this function?
Сообщение: Re: How can I speed up this function?