pg_hba problem

От Simon Windsor
Тема pg_hba problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

I have just installed 8.0.3, and my standard pg_hba config no longer works.

I usually enable the postgres accound using

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         postgres                          ident sameuser

and use other lines for named datbases.

However, with 8.0.3, the format appears to have changed to

#   host  DBNAME  IP_ADDRESS  ADDRESS_MASK  AUTHTYPE  [AUTH_ARGUMENT]
#   local  DBNAME  AUTHTYPE  [AUTH_ARGUMENT]

with no mention of USER. I have tried to use pg_ident to get round this,

pg_ident
map1       postgres postgres

pg_hba
host         all      127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255    ident   map1

but I keep getting the error

psql: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user postgres, database
template1

Any ideas how I can safely provide global access to the postgres account?

Simon

--
Simon Windsor
Email: simon.windsor@cornfield.org.uk