server not starting

От Danny Gaethofs
Тема server not starting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear all,

I am running Postgresql on windows xp. (not cygwin)

I am no longer able to start the server.

The pgadmin log file says:
ERROR: server closed the connection unexpectedly
before or while processing the request.

Since then I am no longer able to restart the server.

When I run
met.exe start psql-8.0

I get the message
The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0 service is
starting.
The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0 could not be
started.

The service did not report an error.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.

This command is not giving any help.

Can someone help me out here.
I have been looking whether there was a postmaster.pid
file residing somewhere but I can not find it. So that
will not be the cause for the server not starting.

regards,
Danny