Re: Shared memory and FreeBSD's jail()

От Roman Neuhauser
Тема Re: Shared memory and FreeBSD's jail()
Дата
Список pgsql-general
# tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us / 2005-05-19 12:14:58 -0400:
> lister <lister@primetime.com> writes:
> >  This was the topic of 20 minutes of conversation in 2 tutorials
> > at BSDCan.
>
> Well, if the BSD people are so concerned about it, why don't they fix
> their bleedin' OS?  It's inexcusable to have a "jail" feature that
> doesn't cover such a major part of Unix as the SysV IPC facilities.
>
> Of course, it's a lot easier to just blame the messenger.

    I read current@, hackers@, stable@, and ports@, and none of
    the threads revolving around jails, SysV shared memory and
    PostgreSQL I read blamed PostgreSQL of anything.

    Closest it got was when Dag-Erling Smorgrav (the spelling is not
    correct, sorry DES) mentioned that making PostgreSQL use POSIX-style
    shm would eliminate the problem (I have no idea if that's true).

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.