Re: inclusions WAS: Increased company involvement

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: inclusions WAS: Increased company involvement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 4 May 2005, Christopher Browne wrote:

> A fairer comparison would be the BSD core systems.  I believe that most
> of them have a considerably larger set of stuff in the "central CVS"...

Yup, and *everyone* with commit accesss has access to *everything* ... I
could intruduce a 1 bit change to one of the kernel sources and there is a
chance that nobody would ever notice it ... and this includes (or, at
least, the last time I did any work) port committers ...

And, as Josh pointed out, one of the goals with pgfoundry was/is to make
it easy for 'Project Admin' to add commit access to whomever they wish,
whenever they wish, something that doesn't happen with FreeBSD ... its
relatively rare that you see a new committer added, and not on a whim ...

----

Сообщение: Re: inclusions WAS: Increased company involvement
Сообщение: Re: inclusions WAS: Increased company involvement