Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?

От Mike Nolan
Тема Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Just curious, but does anyone have an idea of what we are capable of?  I
> realize that size of record would affect things, as well as hardware, but
> if anyone has some ideas on max, with 'record size', that would be
> appreciated ...

Well, I just did an insert of 27,500 records with 9 fields, averaging
around 118 bytes per record, each insert statement coming from a separate
SQL statement fed to psql, and it took a bit over 4 minutes, or about
106 inserts per second.

That seems consistent with what I get when I do a restore of a dump
file that has insert statement instead of COPY.

The hardware is a Dell dual Xeon system, the disks are mirrored SATA
drives with write buffering turned off.
--
Mike Nolan