Re: pg_autovacuum not having enough suction ?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: pg_autovacuum not having enough suction ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 06:21:24PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Can we issue a LOCK TABLE with a statement_timeout, and only do the
> VACUUM FULL if we can get a lock quickly?  That seems like a plan.

I think someone else's remark in this thread is important, though:
autovacuum shouldn't ever block other transactions, and this approach
will definitely run that risk.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
A certain description of men are for getting out of debt, yet are
against all taxes for raising money to pay it off.
        --Alexander Hamilton