Re: PostgreSQL on Solaris 8 and ufs

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Solaris 8 and ufs
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 09:32:07AM -0800, Tom Arthurs wrote:
> found that high context switching seems to be more a symptom,

Yes, that's a good point.  It usually _is_ a symptom; but it might be
a symptom that you've got an expensive query, and Solaris's foot-gun
approach to handling such cases is a little painful.  (We didn't give
up on Solaris because of cs problems, BTW; but I have to say that AIX
seems to be a little less prone to self-DOS on this front than
Solaris was.  If you really want to hear me rant, ask me some time
about ecache and Sun support.)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
        --Roger Brinner

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL on Solaris 8 and ufs
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL on Solaris 8 and ufs