== PostgreSQL Weekly News - March 13 2005 ==

От David Fetter
Тема == PostgreSQL Weekly News - March 13 2005 ==
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
== PostgreSQL Weekly News - March 13 2005 ==

Josh Berkus reports that the PostgreSQL development team has
discovered a trio of issues which affect user of the native Win32
version:

1) Issues with the snprintf utility on Windows currently cause
regression tests ("make check") on Windows to fail unnecessarily.
Please disregard such failures in "make check".

2) We've discovered that the Windows clock does not return
fine-grained timestamps (to microseconds).   This makes the execution
times reported by EXPLAIN ANALYZE untrustworthy.

3) pg_restore may not work for some users on 8.0.1.  This bug does not
exist in 8.0.0 and will be fixed again in 8.0.2.   If you are running
PostgreSQL 8.0.1 on Windows, we recommend that you test pg_restore now
before you need it.

The PostgreSQL development team is hard at work on both of these
issues; as always, help is appreciated.   Particularly,
recommendations of BSD-compatible OSS libraries we can use to resolve
problems (1) and (2) are wanted.

== PostgreSQL Product News ==

GRASS GIS 6.0.0
http://grass.ibiblio.org/

PGCluster-1.1.1 released
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgcluster/

PgWorksheet 1.7 released.
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgworksheet/

Intuitionistic Fuzzy PostgreSQL 1.0 released
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/ifpg/

Indexable IPv4 range / CIDR type
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/ip4r/

Rtfm_please is dead. Long live rtfm_please!
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/docbot/

== PostgreSQL in the News ==

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Triggers
(But Were Too Afraid to Ask)
General Bits: http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/

A draft of Josh Berkus' classification of FLOSS projects
http://www.powerpostgresql.com/5_Types