Re: correspondence between the numbered folder and actual database

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: correspondence between the numbered folder and actual database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 08:08:07AM -0500, Chuming Chen wrote:

> Is there any way I can find the correspondence between  the numbered
> folders under postgresql data/base and the actual database name or table
> name?

You could use contrib/oid2name.  If you want to do it yourself,
look at the pg_database.oid and pg_class.relfilenode fields.  For
example, given a file $PGDATA/base/164531/183620, the database
database OID is 164531 and the table or index filenode is 183620.
Find out what database the object is in with the following query:

SELECT datname FROM pg_database WHERE oid = 164531;
 datname
---------
 test

Connect to that database and issue the following query:

SELECT n.nspname, c.relname
FROM pg_class AS c JOIN pg_namespace AS n ON n.oid = c.relnamespace
WHERE relfilenode = 183620;
 nspname | relname
 public  | foo

--