Re: Large transaction problem

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Large transaction problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:30:27AM -0500, Paul B. Anderson wrote:
> When the vacuum full timed out, could the exclusive lock have been left
> set, leaving the database in an unusable state?

No, but cancelling a VACUUM FULL takes a long time, in my experience,
and so the lock hangs around for quite a while.

> BTW, thanks.  I removed the --full option.

My bet is that will help matters.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland