Web server to Database Taking forever

От Scott Dunn
Тема Web server to Database Taking forever
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Sometimes when you click on a link on my site to access my postgres database it takes forever for it to connect. You can click this link and see how long it takes.
http://www.3idiots.com:8080/example.../wantedlist.jsp

It doesn't do it all the time. Sometimes its really fast. I can't figure out what is wrong. If I go on the server where the database is I can connect and run queries with no problem. I can also access the database from Access and run queries with no problems. It is only a problem when you come from the web. Tomcat and apache are both working. You can see this by going here
http://www.3idiots.com:8080/example...moviesearch.jsp

I am using
psql (PostgreSQL) 7.2.1
tomcat 4.0.1
apache-1.3.9-4
Redhat linux 6.2

Does anyone know what I can check to see what is causing this. It seemed to have happened all of sudden one day. I don't know what could have changed to cause this. I have rebooted the server and it still happens. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also I need to add that I never get an error message. It just sits there for quite some time. Eventually it will work.

Scott

Scott Dunn
The Software House, Inc.
513.563.7780