Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:10:04 -0700
Steve Atkins <steve@blighty.com> wrote:

> > Is there by any chance a set of functions to manage adding and removing
> > partitions? Certainly this can be done by hand, but having a set of
> > tools would make life much easier. I just looked but didn't see anything
> > on GBorg.
>
> I've done a similar thing with time-segregated data by inheriting
> all the partition tables from an (empty) parent table.
>
> Adding a new partition is just a "create table tablefoo () inherits(bigtable)"
> and removing a partition just "drop table tablefoo".

But you have to add table constraints restricting the time after adding
the partition?

Thanks,
Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich

Сообщение: Re: Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --