Re: radius authentication

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: radius authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 01:28:38AM -0700, Chris Ochs wrote:
> Has anyone ever taken a look at adding radius authentication to
> Postgresql?  I know it's not terribly secure in itself, but some 2
> factor authentication schemes like Cryptocard use it for verifying one
> time passwords, and at least in our case having 2 factor
> authentication for remote access would be really nice.

At least in theory, you should be able to configure PAM to talk to
Radius, and have Postgres use PAM.  (If there is a Radius module for
PAM, that is).

What I think would be a nice addition to authentication mechanism would
be SASL.

A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.
(Carrie Snow)

Сообщение: Re: One Database per Data File?
Сообщение: Re: One Database per Data File?