Re: slower every day

От G u i d o B a r o s i o
Тема Re: slower every day
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for the reply,

  Been reading hackers of Aug 2004 and found the threads. It's a common habit to create two lines on the configuration
files,in order to maintain the copy of the default conf file. I guess this should be the worst scenery for a freshly
incomingDBA trying to put things in order.

  A temporary patch, will be updating documentation, encouraging administrators to use the SHOW ALL; command in the
psqlenv, to confirm that changes where made.

  In my case, a 1.2 gig file was written, performance was on the floor. And my previous situation, a reindex force task
lastsaturday, confused me. This is not a trivial problem, but in conjunction with other small problems could become a
bigone.

  Good habits when touching conf files & using the SHOW ALL to confirm that changes where made will help until this is
patched.

  Thanks for Postgres,

Regards, Guido.