Bad dumps...

От Stef
Тема Bad dumps...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I'm stuck with a problem,about which I couldn't find
much info. I'm sure somebody must have encountered this before.

I've got a "NOT NULL" column of type text.
It happens that freehand data gets inserted into this table, and
it typically contains over 1000 rows with the value '\N' , and
about another 3400 rows that has an occurrence of '\N'

The database dumps fine, but when I import it again, I get
"cannot insert null value into not null column"-type errors,
and if I don't pay close attention,  I end up with an empty table
on the database. There is no way for me to tell how many columns
could be affected in future, but I need to stabilize the backups.

I'm using postgres version 7.3.4

Any idea how to get around this problem?

Kind Regards
Stefan

Вложения