Database, Table Names are resulting in lowercase

От Hemapriya
Тема Database, Table Names are resulting in lowercase
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All,

We have postgresql running in mac. I found whatever db
objects i create from the sql prompt results
in lowercase. Can anyone tell me why it is happening.?
does postgres stores the db objects in lowercase
internally..

If i create something from the shell prompt it remains
in the same case i used. Can anyone tell me what is
the case limitations we have in postgres for
db,table,column names,etc.

Thanks
Priya