Re: [Retrieved]RE: backup and recovery

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [Retrieved]RE: backup and recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Naomi Walker wrote:

> I'm not sure of the correct protocol for getting things on the "todo"
> list.  Whom shall we beg?

Uh, you just ask and we discuss it on the list.

Are you using INSERTs from pg_dump?  I assume so because COPY uses a
single transaction per command.  Right now with pg_dump -d I see:

    --
    -- Data for Name: has_oids; Type: TABLE DATA; Schema: public; Owner:
    postgres

    INSERT INTO has_oids VALUES (1);
    INSERT INTO has_oids VALUES (1);
    INSERT INTO has_oids VALUES (1);
    INSERT INTO has_oids VALUES (1);

Seems that should be inside a BEGIN/COMMIT for performance reasons, and
to have the same behavior as COPY (fail if any row fails).  Commands?

As far as skipping on errors, I am unsure on that one, and if we put the
INSERTs in a transaction, we will have no way of rolling back only the
few inserts that fail.