HIPAA

От Silvana Di Martino
Тема HIPAA
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
It looks like that also USA-resident DBAdmins have to protect their data, at
least when their data are related to someone else's personal health:

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/hipaa/

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/

http://www.hipaa.org/

This seems to give to this "db encryption" issue the status of "global
relevance" that would deserve a more systematic approach. I mean: no
homegrown solutions - rather have the community to develop a specific,
standard extension of PostgreSQL and put it into the distro.

I wonder if it is the case to contact the PostrgreSQL developers and signal
this (new and annoying) issue.

Any comment?
Alessandro Bottoni and Silvana Di Martino
alessandrobottoni@interfree.it
silvanadimartino@tin.it