Re: Fixed width rows faster?

От Mike Nolan
Тема Re: Fixed width rows faster?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Mike Nolan wrote:
> > Is there a way to copy a table INCLUDING the check constraints?  If not,
> > then that information is lost, unlike varchar(n).
>
> "pg_dump -t" should work fine, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

I was specifically referring to doing it in SQL.

The COPY command goes from table to file or file to table, the
CREATE TABLE ... SELECT loses the check constraints.

Is there no SQL command that allows me to clone a table, including check
constraints?

Something like COPY TABLE xxx TO TABLE yyy WITH CHECK CONSTRAINTS.
--
Mike Nolan