Re: Fixed width rows faster?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Fixed width rows faster?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 02:17:35PM +0100, Eric Jain wrote:
> places is to ensure that the column can be indexed. Postgres, it seems,
> refuses to insert a string that is longer than some value into an
> indexed column, and I'll rather have such errors flagged while inserting

Care to provide some details of this?  It sure sounds like a bug to
me, if it's true.  I've never run into anything like this, though.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland