Re: Postgresql functions

От Grega Bremec
Тема Re: Postgresql functions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
...and on Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 12:04:25AM +0000, Ivan Dario Salazar used the keyboard:
> Hi there...
>
> I write it becouse i need to know where can i get a "SPECIFIC DOCUMENT"
> with the "Postgresql Administration Functions" like
>
> - Create User
> - Create Group

Hello Ivan,

There are a couple of options for you.

First off, there is this thing called "PostgreSQL Documentation", it is a
part of the source distribution, but it can also be downloaded separately,
the file is called postgresql-docs-<version>.tar.bz2 in the PostgreSQL
download archives, and it documents all SQL commands available to the user
in much detail in subsection 7.1, "VI. Reference / I. SQL Commands".

If you're interested in a text focusing more on user and privilege
administration, you can also take a look at chapter 17., "Database users
and Privileges" of that same documentation bundle.

One very convenient option would be using the \h internal slash command of
your psql command-line client. Try "\h" on the line alone to get a full
list of SQL commands you have help available on, then, use, for example,

    template1=# \h CREATE USER
    Command:     CREATE USER
    Syntax:
    CREATE USER name [ [ WITH ] option [ ... ] ]

    where option can be:

      SYSID uid
    | [ ENCRYPTED | UNENCRYPTED ] PASSWORD 'password'
    | CREATEDB | NOCREATEDB
    | CREATEUSER | NOCREATEUSER
    | IN GROUP groupname [, ...]
    | VALID UNTIL 'abstime'