Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)

От Hans Spaans
Тема Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 12:52:05PM +0000, Silvana Di Martino wrote:
<knip>
> At the moment, our data are on a server protected by a firewall and accessible
> just by authorized people. This was clearly declared as being "sufficient" by
> the italian law until December 2003. The new law, instead, clearly states
> that personal data have to be encrypted even when stored in a safe place like
> that.

Hopefully not to off-topic.

I'm just wondering, does that law applies on all databases or just on
new databases. In the Netherlands laws about privacy only apply on new
databases and for old databases the law of that time-frame only
applies. I must note that the database must be registered with
http://www.cbpweb.nl/

Hans

Сообщение: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Сообщение: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)