Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)

От Silvana Di Martino
Тема Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alle 09:20, venerdì 5 marzo 2004, Dave Ewart ha scritto:
> What's wrong with using a LoopAES filesystem?  It protects against
> someone walking off with the server, or at least the hard disk, and
> being able to see the data.

Nothing! I just wonder if there is any other tool, more specific to
PostgreSQL.

> Keeping encrypted data in the database itself is also perfectly
> possible; you just need to decide what you're going to use to decrypt it
> afterwards.

Of course, that is right. I meant a different thing, anyway: I would like to
have a encrypt/decrypt tool that I do not have to implement by myself (both
because I'm lazy and because I like standard tools.)

See you

Alessandro Bottoni and Silvana Di Martino
alessandrobottoni@interfree.it
silvanadimartino@tin.it

Сообщение: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Сообщение: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)