Re: Recycled Log Files

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Recycled Log Files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 11:34:18AM -0700, Naomi Walker wrote:
> We are running Postgres 7.3.4 on Solaris 6 on an E3500.  I noticed the
> following messages, and attempted to remedy the situation by upping our
> wal_buffers to 64, thinking we might need more room.  wal_files seems to
> have gone away in this version or I would have increased that as well.

Actually, this is a good thing: it means the logs are getting cleared
and available for re-use.  But what I'm wondering is why you're going
through them so fast.  What are you doing in this period?

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland