Looking for mail relays ...

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Looking for mail relays ...
Дата
Re: Looking for mail relays ...  (Gary Stimson <gary@stimson.org.uk>)
Re: [GENERAL] Looking for mail relays ...  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-announce
G'day all ...

  With the growing # of subscribers to the lists, as well as growing list
activity, ppl are reporting a slowdown in the speed that mail is being
processed through from sender to recipient ...

  The major slowdown tends to arrive when the mail queue on the serving
machine gets very large, so over the past few months, we've been working
on distributing that load around to various servers provided to the
community.

  In order to improve things further, we'd like to increase the number
even further ...

  Right now, we have the following TLDs covered:

/\.(jp)$/
/\.(fr|uk|de|pl|ad|se|gr|be|ch|dk|es|fi|gi|ie|it|lu|nl|no|pt|tr|at)$/
/\.(com|net|org|ca|edu|biz|us|mil|ws|info)$/

  Both of the first two lists are being covered right now by one server,
so if anyone in those locals would like to take some of the load, please
let us know.

  The third one right now is being covered by 6 relay servers right now,
but we'd like to double that if we can ...

  If there are any TLDs that aren't covered in the above, that you would
be willing to handle, please let us know as well.

  On average, the heaviest 'zone' (and the reason we'd like to get a few
more going) is the third above (.com, etc) ... we're finding the relays
are handling ~100mb/day of traffic through them ... the more we can spread
it out, the lower the per server traffic, of course.

  If you are able to offer a relay, but you can only do a small part (ie.
a Canadian site only willing ot handle .ca domains), that is great as
well, as it takes some load off of the other servers, which is our desire

  If you are able to help, please email me directly and we'll get you
setup.

Thanks ...
----

В списке pgsql-announce по дате отправления: