Re: SQLState with pg74.1jdbc3.jar

От Dennis Romero L.
Тема Re: SQLState with pg74.1jdbc3.jar
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi!!

I have an example code of pg73jdbc2.jar, maybe this help you.

I have a question:

How set the pg73jdbc2.jar files for work with jsp?? (SuSE 8.1)

Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Moreno Mauri
Sent: Jueves, 15 de Enero de 2004 9:50
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] SQLState with pg74.1jdbc3.jar

Hi all,
I'm a newbie in JDBC code.

I tried to execute a Statement.executeUpdate() method to insert a row
already present in my Postgresql DB.

With JDBC I receive a SQLException but I would like to have
more informations about the error (something like Duplicate Key
Exception).

I read that SQLException class have the getSQLState() method, but
when I call it, the result is null (the getErrorCode() return always 0).

The same if I try to generate another error (an INSERT command
without specifying all NOT NULL colums of my table).

I use pg74.1jdbc3.jar on a i686 Intel - Suse host.

Here is the code (insertCommand is intentionally a wrong command)

public int execInsert(String insertCommand) {
        Statement stateSql;
        Connection conn;

        conn = <get the Connection>;

        try {
            stateSql = conn.createStatement();
            return(stateSql.executeUpdate(insertCommand));
        }
        catch (SQLException e) {
          System.out.println("SQLException: error code = " +
e.getErrorCode());
          System.out.println("SQLException: sqlstate   = " +
e.getSQLState());
         return(-1);
       }
}

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: SQLState with pg74.1jdbc3.jar
Сообщение: Re: SQLSTATE with pg74.1jdbc3.jar