Re: embedded postgresql

От jini us
Тема Re: embedded postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general

if libpq.dll contains the server and I can call the functions
to start and stop programmatically.
Then I could use Postgres as an embedded  database sever in my application.
That way I include libpq.dll in my software package for deployment
with installshield.

So when the user starts my application I would start the database server, then stop it programmatically when the user stops using the application.
I would obviously need some functionality so that I can programmatically
configure which disk I would use to create the database.

I am hoping to be able to create the database on a virtual drive / network drive programmatically from my application.
That is to say when you are running windows your local disk drives are usually C: or D:
However you may also  have virtual network drives  mapped like X: Y: Z:.
These drives are obviously connected physically on another machine
but you are acessing it via the network card/cable etc.

"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Hello,

Are you sure you are not thinking of just the libpq.dll? That would allow
linking to PostgreSQL via C/C++ etc?

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake