Re: Multi-master asynchronous replication

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Multi-master asynchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 02:57:56PM -0600, Chris M. Gamble wrote:
> My company has just finished a simple replication system in java.
> We are now interested in sharing our work under the GPL license so
> that we can hopefully work with others in improving this product.
>
> Would such a thing be useful, or simply overly redundant
> considering the current development cycle of other more advanced
> systems?

I think there is plenty of interest in different replication systems,
and that people are always keen to see new ideas.  I would suggest,
however, comparing it with the other systems out there and
investigating whether there are things you'd like to offer to or use
from those systems, in order that we can build two or three usable
systems which do what people want (I don't think one system is ever
going to do everything for everyone).

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110