Re: Matching indexes on int8 columns?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Matching indexes on int8 columns?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 02:08:03PM -0500, Andrew Biagioni wrote:

> So finally, my question.  Why is this behavior present?  Is it actually
>   a feature that I don't know enough to appreciate?

It's the side-effect of some other features in the system.  If you
search on -hackers archives you'll find several attempts to find  a
solution to this little problem; all of them have failed so far,
AFAIK.  There was talk of making the int4-to-int8 case behave more
reasonably in 7.4, but I don't know whether it's been done.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110