DELETE error - Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc

От j sk
Тема DELETE error - Memory exhausted in AllocSetAlloc
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,
While trying to delete ~8000 rows from a table which
has about 10 foreign keys and are triggered to cascade
on delete, I get this error:

ERROR: Memory exhausted AllocSetAlloc(1124)

Im running PG7.3.4 with 256MB memory.

I looked up this info but 'ulimit' and 'limit' arent
available:
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html#4.18

Please let me know if theres any solution. If no real
solution, Im planning to delete rows in chunks of 100
or 500 at a time thru a stored function.

Thanks