get diagnostics not supported by ecpg?

От Slava Gorski
Тема get diagnostics not supported by ecpg?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi all,

It seems that get diagnostics is not supported by ecpg in postgresql
7.3, I always get the following error when trying to use it:

ERROR: parse error at or near "diagnostics"

For example, the following code does not compile:

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
    EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
    char msg[8191];
    int msg_len=0;
    EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

    EXEC SQL connect to 'test';

    EXEC SQL get diagnostics :msg_len=ROW_COUNT;

    fprintf(stderr, "SQL: %d\n", msg_len);

    EXEC SQL disconnect current;

    return 0;
}

same if I use

EXEC SQL get diagnostics exception 1
:msg=MESSAGE_TEXT,
:msg_len=MESSAGE_LENGTH;

What am I doing wrong? Or it's just not supported by ecpg in 7.3?

Thanks in advance,
Slava
www.newmail.ru -- всегда что-то новое.