Re: Replication

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 08:33:33PM -0700, Ian Huynh wrote:
> There are certain cases where multi-master rep are very
> implementable such as where the datasets being rep are fairly
> disjointed but need to be replicated for completeness in terms of
> reporting. But you are absolutely 110% correct. Multimaster synchro
> is a nightmare.

If you had two completely separate databases, you could merge them
using erserver.

If you had some nifty tricks with unique indexes, &c., you could also
use erserver to merge them.  Or at least, I think you could.  Imagine
making all your unique indexes on two columns: say, the row id (just
a type serial) plus a server id (which was static for everything in
that database),

There are plenty of practical problems with such a scheme, and it
seems to me a little fragile, but it'd work.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110