2.4 v/s 2.6 again.

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема 2.4 v/s 2.6 again.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi all,

I compared 2.6 with elevator=deadline. It did bring some improvement in
performance. But still it does not beat 2.4.

Attached are three files for details.

I also ran a simple insert benchmark to insert a million record in a simple
table with a small int and a varchar(30).

Here are the results

2.6 deadline
1K/xact        299sec
10K/xact        277 sec
100K/xact        271 sec

2.6 AS
1K/xact        262sec
10K/xact        Not done
100K/xact        257 sec

2.6 AS
1K/xact        252sec
10K/xact        243 sec
100K/xact        246 sec

It seems that I noted a test result wrongly. I need to do it again.

Overall 2.6 needs some real IO improvements. Of course it could do better on
multiway machine.

I guess there is no point bothering  this with kernel hackers. They know this
stuff already, right.

Looking forward to next release of kernel and hope it improves things...

 Shridhar

Вложения